Understanding The Stages of Change in Addiction & Recovery
By the end of this module you should:
- Have an understanding of the Stages of Change model.
- Understand the basic ‘principles of change’.
- Be able to explain what accountability is.
- Have a basic understanding of ‘self-efficacy’ as it applies to addiction.
- Understand the types of activities that constitute ‘recovery’
- 1.1.1 The Stages of Change
- 1.1.2 Pre-Contemplation (Being Unaware of your Addiction Issues)
- 1.1.3 Contemplation (Increasing Awareness of Your Addiction Issues)
- 1.1.4 Preparation (Planning to Treat your Addiction)
- 1.1.5 Action (Treating Your Addiction)
- 1.1.6 Maintenance (Recovery from Addiction)
- 1.1.7 Relapse (Returning to Active Addiction)
- 1.1.8 Summary
- 1.1.9 Further reading, resources & references