- Do you have an inability to consistently abstain from drugs? Have you ultimately been unable to stop (or stay stopped) despite the harm it causes?
- Do you experience impairment in behavioral control around drugs?
a) Have you ever stolen to fund your drug habit?
b) Have you ever dealt drugs to fund your habit?
- Do you experience cravings for drugs?
a) Do you obsess about them when you can’t get them?
b) Do you spend significant amounts of time planning how you can get them?
- Have you ever tried to reduce or control the amount of drugs you use unsuccessfully?
- Have you increased the frequency or amount of your use of a drug over the past months or years?
- Have you ever substituted one drug for another, in an attempt to control the harm that that drug is having on you?
- Do you have any health problems related to drug use or have you ever suffered harm from using a drug (e.g. overdose, accidents, hospitalization?)
- Do you have legal or financial problems due to your use of drugs?
- Do you have relationship problems which are related to your drug use?
- Has your work performance been affected by your drug use?
- Does your drug use cause you unhealthy negative feelings like guilt and shame?
- Do you lie about your drug use or hide it from those close to you?
- Do you become angry if your plans to use drugs are interfered with?
- Does your drug use make you feel confident/competent/at ease with yourself? Do you think you would feel ill at ease or unable to deal with life if you had to stop taking drugs?