- Do you have an Inability to consistently abstain from gambling? Have you ultimately been unable to stop (or stay stopped) despite the harm it causes?
- Do you experience impaired behavioral control around gambling?
a)Do you tell yourself you can stop gambling any time you want to, even though you keep betting/gambling when you don’t mean to?
b) Have you ever committed a crime, or thought about committing a crime in order to finance gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money to pay off debts?
- Do you experience cravings to gamble? For example;
- Do you obsess about gambling when you can’t do it?
- Do you feel the intense need after losing to return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- Do you have unmanageable feelings (restless, irritable or discontented) when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
- Have you ever tried to control the amount of time you spend gambling?
- Have you ever substituted one form of gambling for another in an attempt to minimize the harm it’s doing to you?
- Have you increased the variety (novelty), frequency or risk of your gambling activities just to get the same ‘high’?
- a) Has your gambling caused problems in your relationships?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Has compulsive gambling affected your work performance?
- a) Do you have any health problems related to your gambling behavior (including mental health problems or emotional disorders like depression)?
- Do you lose sleep due to late night gambling sessions?
- a) Do you have legal or financial problems due to your gambling?
b) Have you often gambled until all of your financial resources are gone?
- Have you ever borrowed money, sold anything, or given anything as collateral in order to finance your gambling?
- a) Does your gambling fill you with fear and self-loathing?
- Have you ever felt suicidal or made a suicide plan as a result of your gambling?
- a) Do you ‘hide’ your gambling from those close to you?
- Do you have to hide how much money you’ve lost gambling?
- Do you become angry and irate if your gambling is stopped, delayed or interfered with?
- a) Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, loneliness, grief or loss?
- Do you gamble for relief when life isn’t going well for you?
- Do you ever gamble in a celebratory way, or as a reward for achieving something?